2020 DRT Cancellation and Refund Policies
Our cancellation and refund policies have been updated to reflect our policies regarding cancellations and postponements as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our goal is to be absolutely clear to our clients about the challenges and costs involved in this new environment and provide a path for those that wish to lower their exposure and/or risk.
- In the event of a cancellation, DRT's standard policy is to refund 100% of the purchase price, less all fees, to the original method of payment, when possible, and without any cancellation fees or penalties levied against buyer or seller. Buyers that cannot be refunded against the original transaction will be refunded by eCheck.
- DRT must be notified about event cancellation not later than 90 days after the earliest transaction for the cancelled event(s). This ensures that DRT can refund credit cards within the window of opportunity afforded by the credit card companies and processing gateway.
- DRT client shall repay distributed funds (if applicable) before refunds can be issued to buyers. If the client has already received sales proceeds, an electronic withdrawal shall be executed to retrieve these funds after the client acknowledges the transfer. For clients where ACH information is unavailable, or for whom electronic debit is unavailable, the client may pay fees by check with no additional surcharge, or credit card with an additional 5% surcharge on the retrieved amount.
- The client may allow buyers to donate the funds from their order, in lieu of a refund from DRT.
- DRT is currently distributing ticket proceeds to our clients on a weekly or post-show schedule based on your preference, as long as there are no social distancing requirements or COVID restrictions mandated by your state/province or municipalty. If cases rise in your area or if your area has carried a high rate of COVID, post-show payouts allow us to quickly and efficiently process refunds in the event the show gets cancelled.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Fees Relief Policies
In response to the event cancellations due to Coronavirus, DRT has created a relief policy to help clients who postpone their sales in accordance with the best-practices suggested by DRT, then have the event cancelled. This policy is designed to lower the risks for our clients who sell tickets and have also taken measures to minimize the chances of cancellation after ticket sales start during this troubling time. For those clients, buyers will receive a portion of their paid fees so DRT can cover minimal operating costs (credit card fees, infrastructure fees, etc.) while still maintaining the stellar customer service that our clients and their patrons expect.
- In the instance of a cancellation, buyers are eligible for a refund of a portion of the fees under the following circumstances:
- SALES DELAYED. Sales start not earlier than 2 weeks before the anticipated event date.
- DATES CONFIRMED. Client submits a letter to DRT with the following: on venue letterhead, dated not earlier than 3 weeks before the anticipated event, and signed by a representative of the venue stating that the event is scheduled and expected to happen.
- PAYMENT DELAYED. Client is scheduled to receive ticket proceeds post-event (as opposed to weekly).
- For cancellation of a credit-eligible event that started sales between 8 and 14 days before the event, the buyer will receive $0.20 per ticket.
- For cancellation of a credit-eligible event that started sales between 1 and 7 days before the event, the buyer will receive $0.50 per ticket.
BOTTOM LINE: Delay sales until just before your event and fees can be partially refunded if the event is cancelled.
|START SALES||CREDIT AMOUNT|
|2 weeks before cancelled event||$0.20/ticket|
|1 week before cancelled event||$0.50/ticket|